We all celebrate Mother’s Day and Father’s Day but did you know the first Sunday of October is Grandparents Day? It’s the perfect time to show your appreciation for your incredible Grannies, Grandads, Nannies, Gramps, G-mamas and Pops!!
National Grandparents Day was launched by Age UK in 2008 to bring loved ones together with their Grandfolks and highlight the needs of older people who may be experiencing difficulties such as loneliness and isolation.VISIT ageuk.org.uk to find out more
We have some fantastic ideas to celebrate on Sunday, from intergenerational gatherings to gifts to spoil your gorgeous Grandparents…
- Host a roast! When was the last time you got everyone round the table for a family meal? This Sunday is the perfect excuse!
- Pick up the phone, or video call tech savvy Nannas and Grandads! We may often be thinking of our Grandparents but just don’t get round to making that call – but even a quick catch up can brighten both your days!
- Go old school and write a letter or card, ask your Grandfolks to reply with some childhood photos you might not have seen for a while and enjoy reminiscing together ♥
- Take a walk down memory lane and ask your Grandparents what life was like for them growing up. They have so many experiences and stories to share – get curious about your family history!
- Make new memories by trying something new together. Don’t underestimate your Grandparents, they might be as keen to take a new dance class or sign up for that charity sky dive as you are!
- Take a #Grandpic and start a new family tradition by sharing an intergenerational selfie!
- Treat your Grandparents with a keepsake gift they will cherish forever. Check out our gorgeous gift ideas, perfect presents for little hands to deliver with big hearts and personalised keepsakes full of love.
To give you the perfect excuse to treat your lovely Grandfolks there is a FLASH SALE on selected quote earrings until midnight Sunday 06/10/19! Nab a pair of sterling silver earrings for your Nan from just £9!Shop the gift edit
We offer a fantastic selection of personalised keepsake gifts from custom engraved jewellery with bespoke quote cards to Personalised Art Prints using little one’s drawings – your Grandfolks will be grinning from ear to ear!Shop the gift edit
Our range of handsome stainless steel accessories make a heartfelt gift that your Grandpa will cherish. You could personalise an engraved keyring to attach to his golf bag or perhaps a thoughtful message engraved onto cufflinks to complete his ‘Sunday best’ outfit.SHOP THE GIFT EDIT